Majestic was founded in 1921 but not with the name known today. It was orginally opened as the family firm, Van der Glas B.V. by Willem Klazes van der Glas, the grandfather of the present proprietor Wim van der Glas. The young company which at that time had premises in the old city centre of Heerenveen, the Netherlands, only sold organs, pianos and wind instruments, but the production of percussion instruments soon followed.
The name 'Majestic' was initially introduced for this range or percussion instruments in the 1960's, the time drum sets were particularly popular, and many rock bands in the Netherlands and other countries used them. Even then the production of percussion instruments for orchestras and marching bands was the most important part of the company's activities. Over the last 30 years, Majestic continued to specialise in this area with the result that Majestic percussion instruments are now being played with great enthusiasm in all corners of the world.
In 2003, a new company was founded for the Majestic division called "Majestic Holland b.v.". The company is situated in a large factory in Nijehaske, near Heerenveen, in the Netherlands and is owned by one of the largest musical instrument companies in the world. This great combination ensures the expansion of manufacturing and sales of Majestic products all over the world.