The legendary Shure SM81 is an industry-standard, flat-response cardioid condenser microphone, featuring a wide frequency response and low self-noise. The SM81 is a world standard for acoustic instruments including but not limited to guitar, piano, and cymbals but is also an excellent decision for just about any studio, broadcasting, or sound reinforcement use.
* 0 Hz to 20 kHz frequency response
* Selectable low-frequency response: flat, 6 or 18 dB/octave rolloff
* Low noise and high output clipping level
* Cardioid polar pattern, uniform with frequency and symmetric about axis, providing maximum rejection and minimum coloration of off-axis sounds
* Phantom powering (DIN 45 596 voltages of 12 to 48 Vdc)